You are watching: How to say your pretty in japanese
To say “You are beautiful” in Japanese you deserve to usage either of the phrases below:Sindicate say: “Kawaii!”, “Kirei!”, or “Kakko ii!”To a woman: “Kimi wa kawaii” or “(Name)-chan wa kawaii”To a man: “(Name)-kun wa kakko ii”“(Name)-san wa kirei” can be used for both“Anata wa kirei” to your partnerBelow I will certainly give you a detailed explanation of why you should use “kawaii” for girls and also women, however “kakko ii” for boys and also men. You will also uncover a lot of example sentences and also you are going to learn how to spice up your phrases by saying “You are so beautiful“.
How to Say “You Are Beautiful” to Women and Men in JapaneseBefore we are going to take a comprehensive look at the finest phrases to say “You are beautiful” to each gender, let’s take a brief look at the the majority of frequently provided Japanese words for “beautiful” and also “pretty”.
How to Say “Beautiful” and also “Pretty” in Japanese?Kawaii (可愛い), kirei (綺麗), kakko ii (カッコいい, 格好いい), and also hansamu (ハンサム) are the most typically provided words to say someone is “beautiful” or “pretty” in Japanese. Utsukushii (美しい) is another word that suggests “beautiful” but it is only provided for incredibly beautiful or gorgeous people, nature, and also things.
1. Kawaii – For Cute and Pretty Girls & WomenKawaii (可愛い) indicates “cute“, “adorable“, “charming“, “lovely“, or “pretty“. Foregime womales commonly don’t favor to be referred to as “cute”, but most Japanese womales favor to be called “kawaii“. So while the word equates as “cute” in English its meaning is closer to “pretty” or “beautiful” and very positive.To tell a girl or woman that they look pretty or cute, just saying “kawaii” is even more than sufficient. However, the complete sentences “Kimi wa kawaii” (君は可愛い) or “(Name) wa kawaii” (〇〇は可愛い) are additionally frequently supplied. After the person’s name, you deserve to add the cute-sounding honorific chan (ちゃん) or for someone you have simply met the polite suffix san (さん).For boys and men, I personally favor utilizing various other words and also phrases. However before, generally, it is possible to say something like “Me ga kawaii” (目が可愛い) which suggests “Your eyes are cute/pretty” or “(Name)-kun wa kawaii” (〇〇くんは可愛い) to a male. Kun (くん) is another Japanese honorific mostly used for boys.It is also prevalent to add focus and also say “so pretty” or “Pretty!” by including one or even more sentence ending particles such as na (な), yo (よ), or ne (ね).
2. Kirei – For Beautiful Women and Sometimes MenThe next word on our list is kirei (綺麗, きれい, キレイ) which indicates “pretty” or “beautiful” yet occasionally it is likewise interpreted as “clean” or “tidy”. In my opinion, it is the second most frequently used word to define someone or somepoint as beautiful or pretty. However, it is even more generally offered for beautiful women than for beautiful males.In my opinion, the word “kirei” feels more genuine and also meaningful than “kawaii”, but that’s most likely just the situation because “kawaii” is used for every little thing and anypoint. You have the right to hear it all the moment in Japan considering that everything looks “kawaii” and also especially women tfinish to describe every little thing they watch as “kawaii”.So whenever a Japanese guy says to you “Kirei” or tells you “Kimi wa kirei” (君は綺麗) you have to be very happy. If you desire to say it to a Japanese man I would fairly usage the following expression or say somepoint like “(Name + kun or san) no kao ga kirei” (〇〇の顔が綺麗) which means “You have actually a beautiful face” or “Your confront is beautiful“.“Da yo” (だよ) can also be used to add emphasis to what you are saying. It is frequently supplied in combicountry through “kirei (da yo)” yet also other words such as “kawaii (da yo)“. Instead of “da yo” you have the right to additionally say “da ne” and “da na“.
3. Kakko ii – For Beautiful and also Cool Boys & MenKakko ii (カッコいい, 格好いい, カッコイイ) suggests “attractive“, “good-looking“, “cool“, or “stylish” in English and also is the the majority of common Japanese word to tell a boy or guy “You’re beautiful” or “You look beautiful“. In my opinion, it is the best alternative to compliment a good-looking boy or an attrenergetic man. In comparison to “kirei” and also particularly “kawaii”, “kakko ii” sounds even more masculine. So instead of “beautiful” or “pretty”, I tend to interpret “Kakko ii!” or “(Name + kun or san) wa kakko ii” (〇〇はカッコいい) as “You look cool” or “You’re cool“.I have also added the instance “Anata wa kakko ii” (あなたはカッコいい), however honestly, I carry out not recommfinish using this phrase unless you are in a relationship through someone. Anata (貴方, あなた) means “you” simply like kimi (君), however while “kimi” is commonly just supplied once talking to a girl or woman, “anata” is gender-neutral and have the right to be supplied for both genders.Please note that “anata” is more commonly used by women, though, and generally only to deal with their husband or boyfriend.
5. Utsukushii – Extremely Beautiful or GorgeousWhen I checked other forums, I experienced that most people suggested making use of utsukushii (美しい) to tell someone that they look pretty. While it is true that the word converts as “beautiful” in English, it is only used for very beautiful or gorgeous-looking people. Its interpretation is closer to “gorgeous“.On the day of your wedding ceremony, for example, if you tell your bride that she looks “utsukushii“, I think she will accept the compliment and feel incredibly happy. However before, in normal daily situations, the word is a small too much.“Utsukushii” is actually even more typically offered as soon as talking about nature, beautiful landscapes, exceptionally scenic areas, and other exceptionally beautiful objects. So my recommendation is to stick with “kawaii” and also “kirei“.However before, if you are dying to use this word I suggest talking about something even more certain such as her (or his) beautiful confront (kao, 顔), beautiful smile (egao, 笑顔), beautiful lips (kuchibiru, 唇), and so on.
6. Bijin, Bishojo, Ikemales, and BishonenThese four words are so equivalent that we are going to comment on them together. Bijin (美人) suggests “beautiful woman” or “pretty woman” and ikemen (イケメン) suggests “beautiful man” or “pretty man“. The other 2 words bishoujo (美少女) and also bishounen (美少年) suppose “beautiful girl” and “beautiful boy” respectively.“Bijin” and also “ikemen” are commonly offered in day-to-day life and TV shows to talk around attractive-looking women or as a compliment for handsome-looking men. “Bishoujo” and also “bishonen“, on the various other hand, I have just encountered in regards to anime, manga, and also game genres. But perhaps simply because I’m not a high-institution kid anymore and I don’t hang out through other high-college kids…I can’t really describe why however I don’t recommfinish using these words as soon as you are dating someone seriously. Before or on the first date they could still be appropriate, yet after that, I would switch to one of the words or phrases over, bereason they sound more authentic and also much less flirty, I guess.
See more: 13 Reasons Why Cucumbers Are Better Than A Man, Why Cucumbers Are Better Than Men