Multiple option concerns.
You are watching: If the supply of a good is elastic, which statement is true?
1.The price elasticity of demand also is: a) the ratio of the portion change in amount demanded to the percent change in price. b) the responsiveness of revenue to a adjust in amount. c) the proportion of the adjust in quantity demanded divided by the adjust in price. d) the response of revenue to a change in price.
2.If demand also is price elastic, then: a) a increase in price will certainly raise total revenue. b) a loss in price will certainly raise complete revenue. c) a fall in price will certainly reduced the quantity demanded. d) a climb in price will not have actually any impact on complete profits.
3. Complementary items have: a) the very same elasticities of demand. b) incredibly low price elasticities of demand. c) negative cross price elasticities of demand with respect to each other. d) positive income elasticities of demand.
4. The price elasticity of demand mainly tends to be: a) smaller in the long run than in the brief run. b) smaller sized in the brief run than in the lengthy run. c) larger in the brief run than in the long run. d) unrelated to the size of time.
5. If the price elasticity of supply of doodads is 0.60 and the price increases by 3 percent, then the amount provided of doodads will increase by a) 0.60 percent. b) 0.20 percent c) 1.8 percent d) 18 percent.
6. Suppose we recognize that the price elasticity of demand also of great X is equal to -1.2. Then, if its price will certainly boost by 5%, we can predict with certainty that a) amount demanded of that great will rise. b) the revenue of the firm producing that excellent will certainly increase by 6%. c) the revenue of the firm producing that great will decrease by 6%. d) the amount demanded of that excellent will decrease by 6%. e) None of the above.
7. A 10% boost in the price of movie ticket in Westridge 8 leads to a 15% decrease in the variety of tickets sold, indicating the demand for movie ticket in Westridge 8 is: a) elastic. b) inelastic. c) unit elastic. d) Can not tell from the information given.
8. If the cross-price elasticity in between two products is 1.5, a) the 2 items are deluxe goods. b) the 2 items are complements. c) the 2 goods are substitutes. d) the 2 items are normal products.
True/False/Unspecific. For each of the complying with statements, say whether it is true, false, or unparticular and describe your answer.
1. It is reasonable to mean the cross price elasticity of demand also for golf clubs and golf balls to be positive.
Golf clubs and golf balls are complementary items. This implies that, as the price of golf clubs rises (a positive change), the usage of golf balls decreases (an adverse change). Cross price elasticity of demand also is equal to the ratio of these changes and also will certainly be negative. The statement is false.
2. If the demand also is perfectly elastic, then a transition in the supply curve does not influence the equilibrium price.
|True, bereason a perfectly elastic demand curve is horizontal. As such, no matter what the transition is the equilibrium price will certainly constantly remain the very same. (See graph.)|
3. The demand also curve for autos is even more elastic than the demand also curve for Fords.
False. A Ford deserve to be substituted by a different model. It is not as straightforward to find a substitute for a automobile in basic. The more substitutes a great has, the more elastic is the demand also for that good. Therefore, demand also for Fords is even more elastic. 4. Suppose you own a "Here Comes the Sun" tanning salon and also the demand also curve for your solutions is downward sloping. Further, mean that a brand-new tanning salon dubbed "Sunny Delight" opens up two blocks away from your salon. Tell whether the following 3 statements are true, false or uncertain and also define your answer.
a. The demand also curve for your services shifts to the appropriate. This brand-new salon is a substitute for your services. After it has showed up, your consumers have actually more alternative, and some of them will certainly start using the new salon. So the demand for your services will decrease, or transition to the left. The statement is false.
b. The demand for your services becomes more elastic. One of the components determining the price elasticity of demand for the great is the number of substitutes. More substitutes - even more elastic demand. The statement is true.
c. The cross-price elasticity of the demand for your solutions via respect to the price charged by "Sunny Delight" is negative. These 2 products (services) are substitutes. The cross-price elasticity of substitutes is positive, considering that as the price of among them boosts, the demand for (and also therefore the usage of) the various other one increases, also. The statement is false.
Short Answer Inquiry. 5. At first Hans Johnboy was the just customer in the sector for "Casa de Econ" beer, created by a little regional brewery. When the price of "Casa de Econ" six-fill varies between $10 and also $20, the price elasticity of his individual demand is equal to negative 1. Now imagine that Hans has been cloned 4 times, and now we have actually 5 similar consumers in the industry for "Casa de Econ". What will certainly happen to the price elasticity of industry demand in the price array given above? Will the demand also end up being even more price elastic, much less price elastic, or will elasticity continue to be the same? Exordinary your answer.
See more: Why Is Network Security Important To Organizations And Businesses
Because elasticity encounters relative changes, it doesn"t issue just how many kind of consumers we have actually in the market as long as all of them are same. (If the quantity demanded for each of them alters by 50%, that would expect the amount demanded in the whole sector will certainly readjust by 50%, also.) So the price elasticity of demand will continue to be the same.