It takes even more than reading a good quote to overcome a fear—specifically as soon as that are afraid is a are afraid of change, of the unknown, of potential faiattract.
Nothing is scarier than venturing out into new area, and also it often takes a solid push to perform it. But if you’re trying to build up the toughness to push yourself—or simply glancing in the direction of change—let these quotes overview your way.
You are watching: Quotes about being scared of the future
1. “If we don’t adjust, we don’t flourish. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.”
– Anatole France
2. “To boost is to change, so to be perfect is to have actually adjusted often.”
– Winston Churchill
3. “They always say time alters points, but you actually have to readjust them yourself.”
– Andy Warhol
4. “Yesterday I was clever before, so I wanted to readjust the people. Today I am wise, so I am altering myself.”
5. “Without remaining open up to change, we cannot reprimary open up to life.”
– Ram Dass
6. “You gain stamina, courage, and confidence by eexceptionally endure in which you really sheight to look are afraid in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I have the right to take the following thing that comes alengthy.'”
— Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “I've learned that fear limits you and also your vision. It serves as blinders to what might be simply a couple of procedures dvery own the road for you. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and also your self-worth deserve to empower you to walk dvery own an even brighter path. Transdeveloping are afraid into freedom—just how great is that?”
— Soledad O’Brien
8. “Unless someone choose you cares a entirety awful lot, nopoint is going to get much better. It’s not.”
— Dr. Seuss
9. “If I am an advocate for anypoint, it is to relocate. As far as you deserve to, as much as you have the right to. Across the ocean, or sindicate throughout the river.”
— Anthony Bourdain
10. “The pessimist comlevels around the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
— William Arthur Ward
11. “Progress is difficult without change, and also those that cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
— George Bernard Shaw
12. “To exist is to change, to adjust is to mature, to mature is to go on producing oneself endlessly.”
— Henri Bergson
13. “Life is a process of coming to be, a mix of says we need to go through. Wright here civilization fail is that they wish to elect a state and also remain in it. This is a type of death.”
— Anais Nin
14. “Today was excellent. Today was fun. Tomorrow is one more one.”
— Dr. Seuss
15. “Opportunities are typically disguised as tough work, so the majority of world don’t acknowledge them.”
— Ann Landers
16. “You deserve to waste your life drawing lines. Or you deserve to live your life crossing them.”
— Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
17. “For nopoint is fixed, forever before and also forever before and also forever before, it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting, the light is constantly altering, the sea does not cease to grind dvery own rock.”
— James Baldwin
18. “On the precipice of any type of great readjust, we can check out through terrifying clarity the acquainted firm footing we stand to lose, yet we fill the abyss of the unfamiliar before us with dread at the potential loss rather than jubilation over the potential acquire of gladnesses and gratifications we fail to envision bereason we haven’t yet competent them.”
— Maria Popova
19. "Life is around adjust. Sometimes it's painful. Sometimes it's beautiful. But many of the moment, it's both."
— Lana Lang, Smallville
20. "We cannot come to be what we want by remaining what we are."
— Max De Pree
21. "The snake which cannot actors its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from transforming their opinions; they cease to be mind."
― Friedwealthy Nietzsche
22. "Stepping onto a brand-brand-new route is difficult, but not more difficult than staying in a instance, which is not nurturing to the totality womale."
― Maya Angelou
23. "And that is how change happens. One gesture. One perchild. One minute at a time."
― Libba Bray
24. "The only way to make sense out of readjust is to plunge right into it, move through it, and join the dance."
— Alan Wilson Watts
25. “Change is the regulation of life. And those who look just to the past or present are certain to miss out on the future.”
— John F. Kennedy
26. “We are choose eggs at present. And you cannot go on incertainly being just an plain, decent egg.
See more: Hearts Of Iron 4 Performance Fix, Hearts Of Iron Iv
We should be hatched or go bad.”
— C.S. Lewis
27.“The art of life is a constant readjustment to our surroundings.”
— Kakuzo Okakura
28. "People will certainly attempt to tell you that all the excellent avenues have been snapped up. In fact, the civilization alters every second, blowing brand-new opportunities in all directions, consisting of yours."
— Ken Hakuta
29. “Courage is fear that has actually sassist its prayers.”
— Anne Lamott
Read next: Your Guide to Getting Comfy With ChangeAlprepared a Shine Premium member? Listen here!
Shine is sustained by members prefer you. When you buy with links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. See our affiliate disclocertain for more info.