Congratulations to the third and also final winner of my Halloween DIY Costume Contest
, Megan Schweitzer! When my team passed alengthy Megan’s Thing 1 & Thing 2 costume DIY I just kbrand-new that we had to feature it on the website. Not only carry out I love couples costumes, however this one has just sufficient playfulness and also sass making it perfect for a huge Halloween bash. Check out her DIY tutorial listed below and also let me understand what you think!
Thing 1 & Thing 2 Costume
Hey everyone, it’s Megan! My sister, Lisa, and also I LOVE Halloween–and also we love making our own costumes each year! We are big fans of Cat in the Hat, so we determined to be Thing 1 and also Thing 2. We hope you enjoy our costume!Supplies
red dress (we ordered ours from Victoria’s Secret (they have actually lots to pick from)blue hair (we picked ours up at Wal Mart (it was initially a rug, yet you have the right to additionally discover this hair are most craft or towel stores too)red tightsred shoeshair elastic and clipsoptional: red ribbon, Thing 1 and Thing 2 crucial chains, red yarn for a necklace, false lashesneedle and also threadiront-shirt deliver paper (for dark fabric (otherwise it won’t display up)glue gun
Making the Dress
1. Cut the blue fur into one lengthy thin sexpedition, which will affix to the top of the dress. The width will be no even more than 2 inches and the size will certainly be a bit longer than the complete opening of the top of the dress. Hand stitch or usage a sewing machine to attach the fur to the height of the dress.
You are watching: Thing one and thing two halloween makeup
2. Use the over templates to print out a big photo of both “Thing 1” and “Thing 2” logos on sepaprice T-shirt transfer paper. We bought our paper from Staples, however any kind of office or craft store will certainly offer these sheets. Once they are printed, cut out the circular form and also iron on to the stomach of your dress. (Make sure to follow the instructions provided in the box so that you don’t iron your logo on backwards!)
Making the Boot Covers
3. Cut out 2 thick strips of blue fur, around 15 inches in length. Once they are reduced, area the fabric about your leg (wright here you would be wearing them) and pin them to the best size. Err on the snug dimension so that they don’t autumn down! For each boot cover, sew the smaller sized ends together to create a finish circle.
Making the Hair Pieces
4. Cut out small pieces of blue fur (about 8-10 pieces). These have to be around 1″ thick and 6″ lengthy. Tie the pieces of fur in a knot approximately a hair elastic. We did our hair half up and also then tied the hair elastic approximately the fifty percent section of hair.
5. Cut out 2″ pieces of hair to glue gun to added hair barrettes. We provided these to location approximately the crvery own of our heads to make the hair stand out even more.
See more: Joan Rivers Say Yes To The Dress, Watch Joan Rivers On Say Yes To The Dress
Use an old Thing 1 and Thing 2 keychain, or print out a snapshot of your favorite Cat in the Hat character. Cut them out to size and also string through a piece of red yarn.Purse:
Cut out a circular piece of hair, about 15″ in diameter. Cut eight 1″ slits roughly the external of the circle. Threview a piece of ribbon via the slits TWICE. Start from the inside and also weave the ribbon in and out of the slits till you reach the start aacquire. When you reach the start aacquire, glue the ends together with a glue gun. Pull on one layer of the ribbon on oppowebsite sides to make handles. The purse will certainly open and cshed by pulling on the ribbon. We had actually extra Thing 1 and also Thing 2 key chains, so we attached them to the side!Makeup:
We included bold height and bottom fake lashes for additional effect!
Here we are out celebrating Halloween via our other sister that made a cute Cheshire Cat costume!
Have fun and also happy Halloween!
Are you going to provide this costume a try? What’s the finest couples costumes you’ve ever seen (or been)?
You could additionally like… Halloween: 6 Clever before Costume IdeasTuesday Ten: Pretty Pumpkin IdeasHalloween DIY: 50 Shades of Grey CostumeHalloween DIY: Jack-in-the-Box Costume