You are watching: Which of the following is true regarding the science of nutrition?
2. A excellent resource of carotenoids in the diet is: green peppers strawberries spinach oarrays
3. The major function of amino acids in the body is: as an energy source to the brain and central nervous system to build, keep, and repair body tconcern to develop enzymes, cocomponents, and also neurotransmitters to serve as precursors for the formation of calcium regulating hormones
4. Identify the recommended number of servings and approximate serving sizes of the grain food category: 5 servings per day; ½ cup cooked, one piece, one slice, and so on 2 - 3 servings per day; 1 cup equivalents 6-11 servings per day; ½ cup cooked, one slice, one item, and so on 2 (4 oz.) servings per day
5. Nutritional biochemistry is a subject of prominence to which specialty in medicine? household medicine orthopedic surgical treatment pathology endocrinology
6. Nutrition can be included into office practice by: putting nutrition magazines and also journals in the waiting room setting up a nutrition screening regime giving in-depth nutritional laboratory evaluation assays in the office lab providing patients pre-printed diet materials offered by pharmaceutical providers
7. The US Dietary Guidelines are an instance of: public health and wellness policy clinical treatment guidelines governmental standards and also regulations National Institutes of Health research study protocols
8. Obesity is taken into consideration (select the best answer): a clinical illness entity a public health epidemic a co-morbid problem of many kind of chronic conditions all of the over
9. Which body mass index would show an enhanced danger of chronic disease? 15 22 26 30
10. Two government programs designed to attend to the trouble of food insecurity in the US are: Food Stamps and Meals on Wheels Five a Day and also college lunch DASH diet and soup kitchens food cooperatives and farm inspiration programs
11. Which of the adhering to is NOT one of the salso US Dietary Guidelines? eat a selection of foods attain and preserve a healthy weight if you select to drink alcohol, execute so in moderation eat at leastern 3 servings of high calcium foods items per day
12. The standard scientific research nutrition evidence for moderating sugar usage mostly comes from: study in the etiology of kind 2 diabetes and also carbohydrate usage research study in the etiology of dental caries study in the etiology of excessive weight research study in the carcinogenicity of basic carbohydrates
13. Two area intervention chronic condition risk reduction research study trials that have strong nutrition components are: The Bogalusa Heart Study and also the Framingham Heart Study Five A Day and also the Stanford Heart Study MRFIT and also the CARE examine DCCT trial and the Honolulu Heart Study
14. Based on the indevelopment obtainable, what is the a lot of crucial nutrition concern through this client?
Susan J. drinks two 2-liter bottles of diet cola per day and extremely few dairy products. She smokes one fill of cigarettes per day and eats commonly in rapid food restaurants. She describes herself as a "meat and potatoes" person. Her body mass index is 29 and also she has a positive family members history for diabetes. She is 25 years old.
obesity glucose intolerance inadequate intake of calcium, fiber, and vitamins C, D, A and trace minerals high risk of heart disease
15. Which is an example of a effective approach for facilitating dietary actions change? administer the patient through published nutrition education materials tailoring advice and also education and learning to the patient"s stage of readiness to adjust having the patient contact you once a week to report successes and also failures concerning dietary readjust giving the patient with a prescription diet via the emphasis that it need to be complied with
16. Which of the following is NOT an example of a class of necessary nutrients? vitamins minerals water flavonoids
17. Which statement is incorrect regarding hydration? Requirements rise via boosting caloric pack The average womale is 55% water by weight. The average man is 50% water by weight. Dehydration is a constant cause for hospitalization in elderly people living in lengthy term treatment framework.
19. Phytoestrogens are non-nutrient food components that may play a positive role in reducing chronic illness hazard in specific populaces. Which food consists of phytoestrogens?
See more: Why Is Very Humid Air Near The Surface A Necessary Ingredient For Severe Thunderstorms?